Imagine you have a listing for sale, and rodents or another nasty pest come crawling out right in front of potential buyers. If you’ve been a realtor for any length of time, you probably don’t have to imagine this scenario – it’s happened! Realtors with experience know that part of the listing process involves inspecting the house for pests and rodents. And if pests are discovered, treating the problem will sell your listing quicker and make the sellers more likely to refer you.
SIGNS OF A PEST INFESTATION
If you find rodent droppings in crawl spaces, basements, or other hidden locations, it’s a sure sign that the unwanted pests are present. Our inspections are non-invasive, and a professional exterminator will inspect several areas, including:
- All readily accessible areas inside the home
- Basements & Crawl Spaces
- Main living areas
- Rim & Floor Joists
While you may not consider yourself qualified to examine the home or business for pests, Guardian Pest Management can help. Calling us to inspect and treat your home or business will help you close the sale faster. We will examine the home and provide a detailed explanation of what we found.
COMMON PESTS FOUND IN COLORADO
Here is a list of pests you may find when inspecting a home for your buyers or seller. You can use this list when advising new clients who want to list their homes with you. In Colorado, you should check every home for signs of these pests.
- Rodents – Droppings, sounds in the wall or ceiling and seeing the creature on a property are all signs of a rodent infestation. Keep your buyers and sellers happy by treating for these pests before you start showing the home.
- Spiders – Depending on the severity of your spider problem, we may need to re-treat the inside and outside of your home or business multiple times.
- Bed Bugs – Bed bugs require professional treatment to ensure they are gone. Have your sellers talk to us about an inspection and treatment. Ask them to get rid of old mattresses and to keep their suitcases off the floor when they travel.
- Cockroaches – Around Colorado, you can find German and Brown Banded roaches. Avoid an infestation by keeping the clean house, get rid of clutter, clean up any water leaks, and have us come to the home for cockroach treatment.
- Termites – These are some of the most destructive and deceptive pests in Colorado. They are silent, and by the time you find them, they may have already done a significant amount of damage to the home or property. Guardian Pest Management has over 25 years of experience treating and removing these pests from Colorado homes.
- Bees, Wasps & Hornets – Not a do it your self-treatment. If you discover a hive on a property, advise them to call us to remove these stinging insects.
ELIMINATING PESTS FOR REALTORS
A pest control company should provide a quick response to a realtor’s call for help. They should have flexible hours to ensure the property is ready for a showing. If you have a buyer, it is essential to schedule a home inspection and termite inspection at the same time. As a responsible realtor, you need a partner who can help treat pest problems for your clients.
We specialize in eliminating termites, bees, bed bugs, and pigeons. We also provide general pest control services to eliminate spiders, silverfish, ants, and rodents. Contact Guardian Pest Management today and work with a trusted pest control company to keep your clients happy and referring you to more business.
PEST CONTROL TIPS FOR HOMEBUYERS
The three keys to effective cockroach management are prevention and sanitation, detection, and chemical control. Satisfactory pest control is achieved when following these pest control tips.
Cockroaches need food, water, and shelter. Water is vital, which is why infestations are most common in kitchens and bathrooms. Make any plumbing repairs and modifications needed to eliminate as much standing water as possible.
Do not allow food particles to accumulate in areas accessible to cockroaches. Common feeding areas include unwashed dishes, pet dishes, uncovered pet food containers, litter boxes, waste containers, and under refrigerators, stoves, sinks, and furniture. Repair faulty plumbing and eliminate unnecessary sources of water. Reduce shelter for cockroaches; do not store newspapers, boxes, rags, and similar items that provide hiding places.
Cockroach insecticides include residual sprays, non-residual sprays, dust, and baits. Guardian Pest Management uses chemicals that are safe for your home, kids & pests.